As Rogla is a family friendly SKI resort, we will upgrade the offer for children.
- The Rogla Snow Park for Children will be upgraded by erecting a brand-new 90-metre long covered conveyor belt that will improve the conditions for learning winter sports for children, youth and individuals with special needs.
- In addition, evenings will be marked by entertainment and evening sleighing.
- In the past, the Pohorje village became a very popular location for family adventures, both in summer and winter. During the upcoming winter, the Snow Pohorje Village next to the Uniorček Bar will include numerous entertainment activities from Fridays to Sundays and during school holidays, which will feature snow games that used to be played by our parents, but which have recently gone into oblivion, perhaps also due to the recent lack of snow in the valleys.
- Our supplementary services will include two activities that will play an important role therein: skijoring (in which the skier is pulled by a horse) and long- and short-distance snowshoeing hikes.
1. We're renovating Hotel Rogla!
Intensive preparations for the 2018/19 winter season on Rogla were under way as early as last summer by completing a full refurbishment of the Hotel Rogla hotel rooms, with 88 rooms characterised by a traditional design in line with the needs and wishes of present-day people. A well-thought-out design, carefully selected materials and the focus on comfort will provide for a high-quality stay. The refurbished hotel will continue to serve guests who cherish an active and vital lifestyle, who wish to spend as much of their leisure time as possible by being active in fresh air and exquisite nature with a variety of winter sports, cycling, running options or simply spend a fun and adventurous holiday with family and friends.
2. A brand-new parking area for caravans on Rogla which is currently undergoing its final stages of completion will also mark an important new feature of Rogla. The sand-covered parking area will facilitate the parking of 40 caravans and will include all the equipment required for a pleasant break and unforgettable experiences. Its users will be able to avail of a water and power connection, a waste water drainage system and bathrooms. All of that will be located in the immediate vicinity of the ski resort, hotels and outdoor catering establishments.
3. During the last few days, the Rogla Ski Servicing Facility obtained a new Wintersteiger automated ski tuning station which marks the state-of-the-art technology currently available on the market. The ski tuning station can be used for tuning skis used by both recreational and professional skiers, can be adjusted to various types of structures on the ski sliding surface and also facilitates tailored adjustments to edge angles.
Special attention will also be paid to our culinary offering. Our diligently profiled food and beverage menus in our various catering establishments in hotels and at the ski resort will serve to create culinary stories facilitating a synergy between our rich local tradition and contemporary healthy diet trends with fresh and locally produced foods and food products. Our menus will be enriched with exquisite dishes which were awarded the “Taste of Rogla” high-quality designation, last summer.
The Uniorček Ski Bar in the immediate vicinity of the Pohorje village and Snow Park for Children has been growing in popularity with our skiers, in particular with skiers with children. Before the upcoming winter, it will undergo the first expansion phase and upgrade of its menu which will be even more profiled and tailored to families in the future. In addition to home-made soups, sweet “Kaiserschmarrn” and crunchy sandwiches, “The Devil’s Kitchen” will feature several other delicacies.
The event schedule has not yet been finalised and is currently undergoing the preparation and coordination phase. Nevertheless, some traditional events can already be announced:
- 19/01/2019: FIS Snowboard World Cup (parallel giant slalom)
- 20/01/2019: World Snow Day
- 16/ to 17/03/2019: Snowboard European Cup (parallel giant slalom)
- 20/ to 24/03/2019: Free-Style Week
Our most important competitive advantage continues to lie in the unique combination of the mid-high altitude Rogla ski slope and the Terme Zreče Health Resort. Winter sport lovers can thus relax in warm thermal springs, the one-of-a-kind furnished Sauna Village and be pampered at the Idila Wellness & Spa Centre, which they will find a mere half an hour away by car. Last but not least, Terme Zreče also provides programmes that prepare the body for winter sport feats, excellent sports diagnostics and medical rehabilitation.
Our "From the Ski Track to the Thermal Swimming Pool" promotion provides skiers presenting their daily (for the current day), multi-day or season ski pass with a 30% discount for our thermal swimming pools and the Sauna Village in Terme Zreče.